1. Safari in the Serengeti National Park: Get an amazing view of wildlife in their natural habitat all year-round including lions, cheetahs, elephants and leopards. Follow the trail of the great migration and see over a million wildebeest plus zebra and gazelles walking in a column over 40km long in search of water.
2 Trek Mt Kilimanjaro: The most scenic route is the Machame Route and gives you an extra day to acclimatise to the elevation (at 5,895 metres).
3. Visit a Maasai Village: The Maasai Tribe were originally nomadic warriors and they will welcome you into their village to learn about their way of life.
4. Sail across the Savannah in a Hot Air Balloon: A sunrise balloon safari followed by a champagne breakfast. If you want to splurge, then this is the ultimate experience.
5 Safari across the Ngorongoro Crater: This is the largest caldera in the world where more than 40,000 animals live in harmony.
6. Admire Lake Manyara: This lake is famous for its huge population of pink flamingos which give the area a beautiful pink aura.
7. Travel with Panache: Ride in an open jeep on safari, take a dalla–dalla through the city and then a sunset sail in a traditional Swahili dhow.
8. Tour a Coffee Plantation: Visit a plantation and the factory to learn how coffee is grown, harvested, dried and processed. Afterwards enjoy a fresh cup of Kilimanjaro coffee.
9. Visit the Island of Zanzibar: Beautiful turquoise beaches that are perfect for snorkelling and scuba diving.
10. Explore Stone Town: The capital of Zanzibar and once the centre of the spice trade as well as the slave trade. Stroll through the narrow stone streets, admire their famous doors, visit the fort and the night markets.
Download and share our one pager on some Awesome Things to See and Do in Tanzania